Risks & Responsibilities: The Ethics of eDiscovery
Do you understand your legal duty in preserving information? Are you investigating whether social media posts are implicated in your matters? Join us for our webinar about the ethics of eDiscovery and get the insight and guidance you need to implement and manage your eDiscovery process defensibly – and ethically.
In this webinar, we will cover:
- What the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and ABA Model Rules have to say about eDiscovery, including legal holds and Meet and Confers
- A brief history of eDiscovery and why we’re doing some of the things we do today
- Steps to ensure successful legal holds
- Cooperation with the opposing party
- Case law regarding eDiscovery and what actions or inactions have resulted in sanctions
- New ESI resources to consider, such as social media and text messages
- GDPR, CCPA and other privacy rules
- Using advanced analytics and machine learning platforms
This course has been produced in partnership with ACEDS. Learn more about ACEDS.