Best Online CLE – Alaska CLE REQUIREMENTS – EXPERIENCED ATTORNEYS
What are the Alaska CLE requirements for attorneys?
How can attorneys in Alaska fulfill their CLE requirements?
Attorneys can fulfill their Alaska CLE Requirements by attending approved CLE classes. Courses may be completed through a number of formats, including:
- In-person classroom attendance at an in-house seminar
- Attending an approved Local Bar Association program
- Attending an approved Judicial Education class
How many credits can Alaska attorneys complete on CLE Companion?
AK attorneys can complete all 12 credits on CLE Companion.
Are there other ways attorneys in Alaska can earn CLE credit?
Yes! Attorneys can receive credit for:
- Speaking or teaching an accredited program. Attorneys earn 2 CLE credits for every 60 minutes spent teaching.
- Acting as a legal mentor. Attorneys can earn credit for participating as a mentor in a relationship with another member of the Alaska Bar Association for the purpose of training that other members in providing effective pro bono legal services.
- Participating as a legal committee association member. Attorneys earn credit by participating as a member of the Alaska Bar Association Law Examiners Committee, the Alaska Bar Association Ethics Committee, the Alaska Rules of Professional Conduct Committee, or any standing rules committees appointed by the Alaska Bar Association or the Alaska Supreme Court.
- Publishing legal articles. Attorneys can receive credit for publication of articles in law reviews or specialized professional journals.
- Participating in public service broadcasts on legal topics.
- Participating as a faculty member in Alaska Youth Court.
What is the deadline for attorneys in AK to complete their CLE credits?
Attorneys must complete their CLE requirements by December 31st every year.
Can attorneys in AK carry over CLE credits from one cycle to another?
Yes! Attorneys can carry over up to twelve (12) CLE credits into their next annual reporting cycle.
ALASKA CLE REQUIREMENTS – COMPLIANCE & REPORTING
How do AK attorneys report their CLE credits?
Attorneys can report their credits online through their Alaska Bar Association Membership Portal.
Attorneys must maintain records of approved CLE hours for the two most recent reporting periods, and these records shall be subject to audit by the Association on request. For more instructions on how to report your attendance, please see attached instructions below:
What is the deadline for AK attorneys to report their CLE credits?
Alaska attorneys must report their CLE credits by February 1st each year.
ADDITIONAL CLE RESOURCES FOR ALASKA ATTORNEYS
State Bar Contact Info
Alaska CLE FAQ Page
Alaska Bar Rule 65
Rule governing Bar member requirements and incentives, and approval of CLE courses, content, and activities: https://alaskabar.org/cle-mcle/mcle-rule/
Alaska Bar Rule 66
Rule governing non-compliance with CLE requirements and suspension: https://alaskabar.org/cle-mcle/mcle-rule/