Best Online CLE – ARKANSAS CLE REQUIREMENTS – EXPERIENCED ATTORNEYS
What are the Arkansas CLE Requirements?
Note: Attorneys who are still in their first year of admission are exempt from completing the CLE requirement for that reporting cycle.
How can attorneys in Arkansas fulfill their CLE Requirements?
Attorneys can fulfill their AR CLE Requirements by completing Board-approved CLE programs, or by completing programs conducted by sponsors who have been presumptively approved by the Board to offer CLE courses.
Arkansas attorneys may complete CLE programs in the following formats:
- Live In-Person CLE Seminars
- Satellite programs
- Live Telephone Conferences
- Advance Sheet Review Groups
How many credits can Arkansas attorneys complete on CLE Companion?
Are there other ways attorneys in Arkansas can earn CLE credit?
Yes! Attorneys can receive credit for:
- Teaching an accredited CLE program. Attorneys can earn 4 CLE credits for each initial hour of presentation and 2 CLE credits for each subsequent presentation of the same course material.
- Panel Discussions. Attorneys who participate in panel presentations can receive 3 CLE credits for each 1 hour of participation.
- Teaching or Attending Law courses at an ABA-accredited law school. Attorneys can earn credit for part-time teaching, enrollment or official audit of a course at a rate of 12 CLE credits per 1 academic credit hour.
- Published legal writing. Arkansas attorneys may earn up to 12 hours of CLE credit through writing a law-related article that gets published by an American Bar Association accredited law school, a state bar journal, or an official publication of the American Bar Association. Attorneys may also receive CLE credit by writing a published book on legal matters.
Can attorneys in AR carry over CLE credits from one cycle to another?
Yes! Attorneys can carry over up to twelve (12) excess CLE credits, including one (1) ethics, into their next annual reporting cycle.
What is the deadline for attorneys in AR to complete their CLE credits?
Attorneys must complete their CLE requirement by June 30th each year.
ARKANSAS CLE REQUIREMENTS – COMPLIANCE & REPORTING
How do AR attorneys report their attendance?
All attorneys must self-report their CLE credit completions on the AR website.
What is the deadline for AR attorneys to report their attendance?
Arkansas attorneys must report their credits by July 31st each year.
How do AR attorneys certify compliance?
A final report from the previous reporting cycle will be mailed to all AR attorneys on or before July 31st. If an attorney is in compliance, no further steps need to be made. If an attorney is deficient, they must sign and return the acknowledgment of deficiency form by August 31st and complete the remainder of their requirement by December 1st. They must report the deficient credits by December 15th.
What is the deadline for AR attorneys to certify compliance?
All Arkansas attorneys must certify that they have completed their CLE requirement for that reporting cycle by August 31st.
ADDITIONAL CLE RESOURCES FOR ARKANSAS ATTORNEYS
State Board of Contact Info
AR Minimum Continuing Education Rules